Understanding Dental Plaque: Your Guide to a Healthy Smile
What Is Dental Plaque?
What Causes Dental Plaque?
• Poor Oral Hygiene: Inadequate brushing and flossing allow plaque to accumulate on your teeth. Over time, this can harden into tartar, which is more challenging to remove.
• Diet: Consuming sugary and starchy foods promotes bacterial growth and acid production, accelerating plaque formation.
• Dry Mouth: A lack of saliva can contribute to plaque buildup since saliva helps neutralize acids and wash away food particles and bacteria.
• Smoking and Tobacco Use: These habits can dry out your mouth and increase the likelihood of plaque buildup and gum disease.
Getting Rid of Dental Plaque
2. Flossing: Clean between your teeth daily with dental floss to remove plaque and food particles in hard-to-reach areas.
Schedule Your Appointment Today for a Healthy, Beautiful Smile!
At Dr. Christopher J. Fotinos Randy R. Rosales Cosmetic & General Dentistry in Orange, CA, we’re here to help you achieve and maintain optimal oral health. Don’t hesitate to contact us with our skilled team of professionals. We look forward to helping you achieve the beautiful, healthy smile you deserve. Contact us today!